The architectural styles of many South Florida custom-built homes are dominantly coastal and modern. You’ll see plenty of Mediterranean style homes and modern contemporary homes in the affluent neighborhoods of Fort Lauderdale, Miami, and West Palm Beach. Homeowners can set their property and living space apart with the distinctive and ornate design of a charming, custom Victorian house built by premier South Florida custom home builders, HART Homes.
HART Homes is a Victorian style home builder in South Florida with 28 years of building experience. With expertise in customizing beautifully designed homes and an attention to detail that is second to none, homeowners can experience their visions come to life.
CLASSIC ELEMENTS OF VICTORIAN STYLE HOMES
Make a bold statement by embracing the distinctive Victorian home design.
Originating in the 1800s, the Victorian architectural style is still popular in big cities and small towns nationwide. Experts in home building and design say this style is in everlasting high demand, due to its uniqueness, its durability, and overall appeal. The design of Victorian homes steals the hearts of many with its wide range of styles and decorative features.
A Victorian style home, whether it’s a modern Victorian house or historic one, is ornate, and stands tall. It bears character and variation from top to bottom.
Victorian homes often feature the following key characteristics:
- Non-traditional shapes and designs, unlike the squares and rectangles of most houses we see today.
- Steeper roof shapes and complex roof lines.
- High, impressive designs, imaginative patterns, and brilliant colors characterize a typical Victorian style house.
- Varying patterns and shapes create an impressive visual effect, along with colorful exterior paint that sets the home apart from the “drab” design of the surrounding white, brown, and neutral toned houses.
- Common exterior architectural elements of a Victorian home include well-crafted spindles, brackets, and decorative trim.
- Many Victorian homes have an asymmetrical exterior, with features such as a grand porch, and a front gable.
- Homeowners can choose between brick and stone walls, complimented by wood siding features, or they can implement unique stained-glass windows and doorways for added appeal.
- The distinctive windows of most Victorian style homes range in size depending on which story they fall on. Designers often opt for decorative carvings in windowsills to add character.
- The floor plans of a Victorian style house almost always contain at least two stories, with cozy nooks, multiple bedrooms, spacious parlors, second-floor balconies, double doors, intricate stairways, and trim. Additionally, you will find high ceilings, deep archways, and carved woodwork throughout.
BEST VICTORIAN STYLE HOME BUILDER IN SOUTH FLORIDA
Trust HART Homes to create a Victorian house that is both modern and timeless.
Victorian homes are nothing short of an ornate and complicated design, which requires complete expertise on behalf of the home builder. Customization is the hallmark of a Victorian style home, and no two homes look the same. When you design your dream home with the custom home construction professionals at HART Homes, you can set your dream home apart with distinction.
Living in the heart of the tropical and metropolitan neighborhoods of South Florida should not limit the style of your home. Those with a preference for the romance, history, and architectural interest of a charming Victorian house can customize the home of their dreams with HART Homes, the leading Victorian style home builder in South Florida. When you collaborate with our Fort Lauderdale home builders or West Palm Beach home builders to create the home of your dreams, we ensure that your ideas and imagination are translated appropriately for complete satisfaction.
Contact us for more information on how our expert team can create luxurious, Victorian style homes in South Florida that suits your style today!